Born in Monroe, Louisiana; raised in El Paso, Texas; educated in California, I have lived full-time in 25 homes in eight states and one foreign country since graduating from college. Always a restless spirit, I seem finally to have settled in the beautiful and stimulating city of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
A sketch of my history is as follows:
- Graduated with a B.A. in English from Stanford University
- Taught high school English for two years in Boise, Idaho, and El Paso, Texas
- Worked for two members of the House of Representatives, one Senator, and the Senate Banking Committee in Washington, D.C.
- Handled government relations and served as speechwriter for the CEO of Cooper Industries in Houston, Texas
- Managed public affairs for The Methodist Hospital in Houston
- Worked as a freelance writer in Houston for a total of 11 years
- Self-published Lizard Diary, a memoir about an experience with shamanism
- Helped develop a composting worm farm for two years
- Self-published The Red Wriggler Teaching Manual, using the composting worm to teach science, math, and language arts
- Taught a “worm” class based on my Red Wriggler Teaching Manual in Santa Fe elementary schools for five years
- Was a founding investor and director for Bluenergy Solarwind, a start-up alternative energy company
- Self-published The Inheritance, my first novel